Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Filthy Listings

Have you ever walked into a home with your client and as you walk through, the home is just so dirty that you cringe turning on the light switches in the bathroom and touching the door knobs? Well I have. There are some filthy listings in the Colorado Springs area and I would be embarrased to have my sign in front of a home that is so messy and dirty.

If the seller is not willing to clean the property or if there is no seller and it is a bank owned property, shouldn't the listing agent hire someone to get the place clean? I'm not sure how much cleaning services are here in town but I do know the listing will probably sell more quickly if it is more presentable.

Some of the homes I have shown smell strongly of cat urine (yuck!) it is barely tolerable, have extremely dirty interior walls, food all over the kitchen (it is not fresh), really stained carpet that looks like drinks were intentionally spilled on it for vast coverage, and big clumps of cat hair or other strange things like butter knives (is that safe?) all over the floors (would it hurt to vacuum?).


I'm not saying it's the agent's sole responsibility to get the home in selling condition but doing a few things that are inexpensive would make the property show more nicely to potential buyers.




Search the Pikes Peak MLS


For more information on Colorado Springs Real Estate or the Colorado Springs Area contact me or visit my website.

No comments:

Colorado Springs Realty Blog